Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Ambiguity

For the last 2 days, when people have asked me about my intern over summer and whether i've arranged for everything, I've tended to give them this dubious answer:

'I think so.'

Then those kay poh siao (i'm kidding) people will say 'What do you mean by you think so?! Still no reply yet?! Aiyah!'

To which i'll mumble something like 'Got reply la. But i'm still not sure.'

'HAH?! You don't understand the reply?! ... '

In their heads they must be thinking i'm the stupidest person on earth lor but really...when you get an email like this (look below) what am i supposed to think??



My sister, the HR 'genius' (term genius dubiously used) thinks it means that the HR people will get to decide.

My mother, the everything 'genius' thinks that it means i havent gotten the job.

The kay poh people mentioned above tell me not to worry, that it means she's already accepted me for the intern but the HR people are handling the formalities.

I've sat on this email for 2 days and I still haven't decided what it means.

HOWWWWWWWW?

4 Comments:

Blogger mooiness said...

Give it a week and then call. :)

4:45 PM  
Blogger ally said...

haha i had an inkling you'd reply.

i'm quite scared of the lady though, apparently she's quite no nonsense type. if i call then kena scolded then how :/

5:51 PM  
Blogger mooiness said...

Scold what scold - just saw that you are planning for your accomodation and flight back and it'd be most helpful if she can update you on the progress of the application.

Wahaahah....sibeh long ah that paragraph. Whatever lah, you know what I mean. :)

6:16 PM  
Blogger ally said...

sigh its time's like these i wish i was still 10 years old.

when in doubt of something i'd just look up and go "MOMMMYYYYYYYY" and everything would be solved.

6:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home