Thursday, November 17, 2005

Haircut Schmaircut

i have never ever ever had long hair in my life.

in fact, until today, my hair was the longest it has ever been which was about 3 inches below my shoulders.

come to think abt it, i have never ever had a haircut that i've really really liked before either.

when i was young(er) i used to have the typical china doll haircut, straight fringe and hair just below the ear.

easy for my mum to maintain apparently but it was ugly as all hell especially because i was super fat back then.

(i suggest that the faint hearted shield your eyes)



AAAAAAAGh! how fat was i?!?!!?!?!??!

...

count yourselves very lucky okay, i dont show many people my baby photos. most of them run away from me and refuse to talk to me after they see photos like these.

and then i got into high school and thus begin the long series of even uglier haircuts.



finally grew my fringe out when i was in secondary school but i always seemed to have this grimace in photos. maybe cause i knew i looked bad in them.

but anyway, this was about 11 or 12?

that style persisted for quite some time. i dont know why. it was so ugly. my sister persuaded me to layer it once and it became a bob and that was okay until it grew out and became shaggy.

so i had shaggy hair even when i reached MLC.

and while i was around that age, a fantabulous thing happened.

one day, i walked into a hairdressers (Jantzen back home if i'm not mistaken) and i said, i need to trim my (already short) hair.

the guy said okay! and his scissors went snip snip (i didnt like how happy his scissors sounded) and i ended up with....



THIS! auuugh! okay. this is actually not the worst picture because my hair is actually gelled down. but at this stage, believe it or not, it could have been spiked up. and i'd look exactly like a boy.

oh the cruelty!!!

i actually had to go to my Year 11 Formal with that hair!!!



it took a fantastic amount of gel to make my hair stay down that night and my sisters wonderful make up skills. (can't really see my hair in the pic can you...)

but take my word for it: it was short.

anyway! then we move on to out of MLC where i started to grow my hair out, thinking that at least if i didn't look good with short hair, there might be a teensy weensy chance of me looking good with long hair...

so in 2003, my hair was like this. (this is my sister's wedding btw and that's kenneth)



it actually looked quite okay in this photo, maybe cause the hairstylist spent an hour doing it up.
sigh, if only my hair could have looked like that everyday.

but as usual, on important photo days (ie, photos that stick with you for the rest of your life...), my hair decides to poof up like a lions mane



honestly, not even my first IC photo looked as bad as this.

and i'm stuck with this horrid photo until i'm 25 *cries*

then i came to melbourne, which is this year, 2005 and i actually had a pretty good haircut :D




not bad righhht. okay. i had help from mr. blowdryer. and my fringe was pinned up.

and then today, i went back to the same place that i went to get the above cut and tada, my favourite hairstylist wasn't there.

...

i knew i should have backed out at that point but i was getting sick of unkempt, shaggy hair so snip snip.

and then, i ended up with this...



WOOHOO! cute not?!

no i'm kidding. but thats gotta be the most spastic looking panda on earth lol.

anyway, back to my haircut...



the hairdresser took about 3 inches off the back and i specifically told her to layer it more but she obviously didnt. and she also screwed up my fringe.

so now i look like i'm back to the school girl haircut.

thank god i can still tie it up which is what i'm gonna do till i can get back home and FIX this mess. as in get the sides more layered, dye and highlight it.

so. another bad haircut.

sigh, i should be used to this by now.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had bad haircuts all my life..

*cue for longggggg post*

My mom used to cut my hair when I was younger and it wasn't too far off from putting a bowl upside down on my head and cutting around it.

When I started going to primary school, it was worse. Mom sent me to this dodgy hairdresser ever couple of months and every single time I went there I came out with short back and sides. SHORT BACK AND SIDES. I once walked into a female toilet and had people look at me funny, obviously thinking I'm male. True story. Also, some friends told me, "Eh, rambut kamu macam Aaron Kwok la." True story.

Got into secondary school, I had that sorta hair that you had back in primary school. I look like some dyke ah lian since I was kinda big and butch-ish then. Sorry for the image.

My most recent haircut disaster was a couple of weeks ago. The boyfriend went to get his hair clipped and persuaded me to get mine trimmed as well. In Footscray. In a shop where no one can speak English. So instead of a 'trim' I had all my hair hacked off. Gone was my boobie length hair. I burst out into tears once I got out of the shop and scared the shit out of him. Ah well...

I think I need my own blog :\

7:23 PM  
Blogger ally said...

eh? u cut ur hair?!!

was this before or after i saw you in the library?!

7:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

After lol, was during Swot Vac :p

7:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well i spat out the water i was drinking all over my work, making my boss look at me weird, when i saw ally's new hair k...

8:15 PM  
Blogger mooiness said...

the fringe is not too bad but the back/sides should have been more layered as you had wanted.

I now know why you are having some pent-up anger. :P

9:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok what!!

haiyo.. so big fuss and i tot ur hair was like really ugly -.-

-songjun

10:31 AM  
Blogger ally said...

justin: least it wasn't as bad as ur previous haircut...

mooi: SHATAP!!!!

wen: ehem. i've seen them my dear :P

songers: it ISSSS :( everyone says it isssss

11:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wah your standard of a good haircut must be really high or something -_-

And don't worry, I think everyone went through the same chinadoll haircut phase when they were kids. At least, almost all my friends did :P

5:40 PM  
Blogger ally said...

tiff: lol its not high. its just that i have NEVER found a haircut that suits me or that i really REALLLY liked.

lol yes, but did they all look as 'doh' as me in that photo?

9:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really? But you've tried quite a lot *_* You're too fussy :P

Yea I had plenty of 'doh' photos. My friends too. I mean, can't help it lar.. we didn't even know what 'photogenic' meant at such a young age.. :P

1:35 AM  
Blogger Chong Chung Fui said...

OMG! u got cute baby fat when u were young! but u haven changed 1 bit! =P well... i NVR had long hair in my life too... not dat i dun want too... im born wif natural curly hair u see... so unless i wan a chinese afro... =P

3:55 AM  
Blogger ally said...

tiff: oh poo. oh well at least everyone thinks i was cute at that age :D lol

chungers: lol whats wrong with that? :D afros are cool!

8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home