Tuesday, August 23, 2005

you WILL respect my authority!

blah. Tuesday lecture days are always boring. but today managed to be interesting anyway. okie. the 3 highlights of my day :P

1) my politics lecture did an imitation of Eric Cartman today. he was talking about sovereignty and he said something about the absolute authority of the state and then he did an Eric Cartman on us and said (in the Cartman voice and everything) 'YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITY!'

he managed to wake up everyone who was sleeping and managed to get ME to pay attention which is nothing short of amazing. hats off to him!

2) these things (see below) attacked Union House today:

i'm not kidding about the boobs that are sagging down to her waist. IT was a 6 blue foot mascot with purple polka dots, really long nails and hair and IT had MOP hair. aieee. we were too petrified to get out of our seats in case we were attacked by IT after we saw IT grabbing a boy and humping him.

too bad i didnt bring my camera today. otherwise i could've shown u guys how really scary it was.

3) my mom called. well. its not a big deal. only she's starting to pressure me on where i'm going with my degree and what i'm gonna do when i get outta uni. nobody in the familys majored in International Relations/Political Science (does anybody know how to say that in Hokkien?) so i guess she gets kind of stressed out when one of my aunts asks her about what i'm gonna do after i graduate.

i hate Chinese relatives. they're always so competitive and pat kua and they dont accept anything other than a Science/Law/Medicine/Commerce/Engineering degree as being worthwhile. it's really hard sometimes not to turn around and say 'so! what level of education did YOU get up to again???' it gets even more difficult when half your Singaporean cousins have done 'useful' degrees like Law and Biomedical Science and ur being compared to them ALL the fucking time.

being in uni just seems so pointless sometimes. endless assignments and stressing about grades and classes for a piece of paper that seems meaningless to everyone else. blah. chocolate + ice cream time.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stick to what you are doing. Biomed is so fucking boring and at the rate that I am going, I really don't know where I am headed to either :\

At least your course is interesting! :p

2:46 AM  
Blogger ally said...

yan: hurf. the interesting part wears thing after the first few lectures on karl marx.

wen: uhuh. it might've grabbed you and humped you too!

6:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hm I know how you feel bout the whole uni thing. People always keep quiet after I tell them I'm doing graphic design.. they just don't know how to relate to less popular courses. Either that, or they make weird assumptions -_- Anyway, just remind yourself that you're lucky to do something you're interested in, and not forced to study something else. :D

12:18 PM  
Blogger ally said...

hur. they dont make weird assumptions. they assume ur dumb (no offense to you or other arts students or most importantly, no offense to me) but the look they give you when u tell them when ur in an arts stream is faintly pitying.

blah. me the cynic spreading my joy as usual.

5:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that "assuming we're dumb" is quite a weird assumption :P Yup, happens to a lot of us..

6:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home