Tuesday, September 13, 2005

The one with the rambly post

so guess what.

i got an email yesterday from Optus telling me that my ebill was ready for viewing. (sigh, bills) i go and check the amount for month and voila! i get whacked over the head with a 200 dollar total. after the initial shock moment, i scratch my head and ask myself whether i did really make that many calls. so this morning i call Optus to ask them about my horrendous bill. this is how the conversation goes:

me: hi, i'm calling to inquire about my bill for last month?
optus lady: yup, could i get your details please?
me: [name, address, date of birth]
optus lady: okay, how can i help you today
me: i'd like a break down of my bill please
optus lady: right. could i pop you on hold for just a moment?
me: sure

annoying optus music plays for about 10 minutes

optus lady: hi! well your total for this month is $181.59
me: yep, i knew that, i just wanted a break down of the charges that were made
optus lady: right. well, your service charges for this month are $51, your call charges are $103...
me: hang on. my service charges are normally $35 dollars.
optus lady: errr. could i pop you on hold for just a moment?

annoying optus music plays for another 10 minutes

optus lady: hi! well it turns out that your smses are all international, and thats not included in your plan, so we charge you extra for them
me: *wtf* okay, are my international calls still being charged the same rate as local calls then?
optus lady: errr. could i pop you on hold for just a moment?

annoying optus music for 15 minutes

optus lady: hi! well, no, your international calls are 66 cents a half minute now
me: thats not what it says on my plan. could you please double check that again?
optus lady: err. could i pop you on hold for just a moment?

annoying optus music for 10 minutes

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

well. u get the idea. sigh well anyway. i guess i'm stuck with my super horrendous bill (thank goodness for daddy's emergency stash). i don't normally spend this much a month, makes me think that i should probably cap my bill after all. gah.

anyway, i went to the ATM today to draw money and i practically heard my bank account screaming in protest/agony when i did. made me realise i should start saving more. :S if other people can survive on budgets less than mine, i probably should be able to as well. just have to cut down on the shopping...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home