Wednesday, November 02, 2005

AAAAAAAAGH

my mother, is without a doubt, the most exasperating parent i know.

she is completely incapable of butting out of my life and when i complete something with her unasked help, she tells me i have no initiative. then when i tell her that i didnt ask for her help in the first place (very bad line, dont try this on any parent) she blows up at me and tells me that i wouldn't have done it in the first place without her.

so the lady from Bloomberg called this morning regarding my summer internship. i suppose it was my stupidity for not leaving an Australian contact number so she called the house in KL. my mother, of course, picked up the phone and when she was told that the internship position required me to be committed to Bloomberg for an entire year, she launched into a huuuuugee tirade.

she told the Bloomberg lady i wasn't interested in the pay (!!! HELLOOOOO!!!), she told the Bloomberg lady i would be available for the ENTIRE 3 months i was in KL (*faints*), she told the Bloomberg lady i was VERY keen on that internship (when i really wasn't)

the Bloomberg lady must have thought i was a mummy's girl indeed. it was so embarassing when my mother called me to tell me what she had said. i was on the tram on the way back home so i couldn't risk other people looking at me like i was a crazy person IF i had blown up at her.

and in old age, my mother has become increasingly cheong hei. i swear she repeats the same thing like 3 times, as if i hadn't heard her the first. i'm incredibly annoyed at her, i dont think there are words to express how angry and irritated i am that my own parent can act in such a manner.

plus it's like 32 degrees today and i was completely broiling outside. went to the library in an attempt to study but they didnt have the AC on upstairs (WHY!) so i ended up coming home after 3 hours of reading the same sentence over and over again.

now i have a headache undoubtedly caused by the heat, i am annoyed and i don't know how to email the Bloomberg lady to APOLOGISE profusely for my mother's behaviour and tell her to disregard everything she said in their little chat.

help me.

3 Comments:

Blogger mooiness said...

Well you said that you weren't very keen right? You can wait and see wht happens. If they don't take you up as an intern, then no harm done.

If however you think you might want the internship afterall, then calling the lady directly would be better than emailing. Because sometimes the spoken word is more powerful especially when you want to apologise. :)

Btw, cute Malamute. I had one too. Big bundle of joy they are.

8:59 PM  
Blogger ally said...

hah yeah but what am i supposed to say when i call?

'i'm sorry for my moms behaviour?'

and the malamute isn't mine really, it's my step sisters. and he is. a BIG bundle of drooly joy :P

9:52 PM  
Blogger mooiness said...

You can say something like "I'm sorry that you had to speak with my mother the other day but I can answer any of your questions directly if you still have any."

Tactful and diplomatic.

Ahahah see that way, you are sorta apologising but you are not putting your mother down to a stranger. That may score some points with the Bloomberg lady. ;)

1:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home