Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Oh for Pete's sake...

first it was the blog war between Malaysians and Singaporeans.

then it was inflamatory racist remarks.

right now? it's the issue of the right to use public toilets for the disabled.

my my, the number of [Xiaxue] haters seems to be rising everyday.

i'm really not a huge fan of the girl myself but people are seriously taking this too far lar. so the girl got angry at someone for screaming at her brother for using a disabled toilet. i would too. and i randomly swear at heaps of people a day on behalf of other people especially if they are boyfriend/sister/parent. but it's no reason for you to write to her sponsors and tell them to drop her, sob stories about single parent incomes regardless.

no i'm not defending her, i think she needs to learn to be responsible for her words especially since so many people read her blog everyday and she absolutely KNOWS that every remark she makes can be used against her. but what those people are doing is just downright low and sneaky. if everyone is so concerned abt who is using those toilets then why dont you petition for MORE disabled public toilets instead of petitioning to cut off part of someone's income?

for her, it's not a matter of 'I SAY WHAT I WANT IF YOU DONT LIKE IT FUCK OFF', that's just being rude. you have to learn respect for others, disabled, Arab, Malaysian. and when people tell you it's wrong, you don't spout more profanities goodness. you say 'i'm sorry, i was wrong, i apologize to partys involved' and hope that people don't come after you with a big fat stick.

basically its okay (even rare in our education system) for someone to have an opinion, as long as its expressed with respect and responsibility.

my two cents? yeah i've used a disabled toilet and no in my 19 years of life have never been scolded for using one. i admit i'd be rather shocked if someone DID scold me for using one too and i WOULD probably come home and blog about it.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Geez... I have used disabled toilets before as well. I mean, there are 3 cubicles at the Chem building but one is locked for 'staff' use, so we are left with one normal and one regular cubicle. What do you do when you are in a hurry and everyone needs a pee?

I think I'd be stoned if I refused to use the disabled cubicle and hold up everyone else :p

12:49 AM  
Blogger KE said...

I think it's horrible how they're treating her. She lost one of her sponsors, yah?

7:56 PM  
Blogger ally said...

two not one.

8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home